Want to be Successful? Stop asking for Permissions.

                                                        Google's War on Android App Permissions, 60 Percent Successful ...


Successful people dictate their terms, they don’t follow anyone. They don’t seek permissions from their family or friends, they just do it. It is not as easy as it sounds. Especially in a country like India where parents interfere in their kid’s decisions to a great extent.

I reckon that the interference from parents in choosing study or career options for their kids is bizarre. It might not look awkward when you are one of those who follow the traditional thinking. But if you think logically, you will find this absolute trash.

Why do people need to take permission from their parents or guardians? Parents should guide their kids in every possible way, but they should leave the power of choosing study or career on their kids. Parents must tell their kids about the pros and cons of a certain path. Then they must leave it to their kids as to which path they chose.

Not only this but I have also seen adults aged between 25-30 ruining their careers due to the interference of their parents. One of my students recently launched a youtube channel and posted a video on it. He sent me a link and I though the video was nicely laid out. The video was based on a political opinion. I congratulated him for his efforts and wished him luck with his videos. He was very happy that day and promised me to make more and more videos on that channel. Surprisingly, the next day that video was not on his channel. I called him and asked about the video, he replied that his father told him to remove that video from the internet. I asked, why? He replied, my father didn’t like the fact that I make political opinion videos. I argued and told him, who’s your father to tell you that whatever you did was not right. You are 31 and you very well know what you are doing is right or wrong. I continue, ‘if you think that it is right according to you then you don’t need to seek permission and consent from anyone. Not even your parents’.

I would like to take you a little back. The guy I was talking about is well educated. But he never liked to work traditionally like others. He always wanted to carve a niche for himself. Previously he opened a diet food restaurant and was doing well. But again, his father was the culprit behind him shutting down the restaurant.

The day he told me about the deleted video. I had bluntly told him that until and unless you stop asking permission from your parents about your career, you can’t be successful.

This is the story of one guy. Imagine the millions of youngsters who kill their dreams in the pressure of getting acceptance and permission from their parents. If you are reading this article and are the kind of person who seeks permission before you start something, I want to tell you honestly that you won’t be successful in life.

And if you are a parent, then remember that you are no one to interfere in the life of your son or daughter who is now matured and educated enough to lead his/her life in the way he/she wants. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Independence?

Read books

Get rid of excuses