Read books


                                  5 ways to read free books online - Books - The Jakarta Post

This is an activity that most millennial's lack these days. I am afraid that reading books will soon be a thing of the past. Books are your real friends. When you need inspiration, you can grab a book and read it. You learn greatly through books. I remember that I was never a good reader. I would read occasionally but in 2015 I got my hand on a book ‘Long walk to freedom’ by Nelson Mandela.

The reason I bought that book was that I admired him greatly and always wanted to meet him in person. But this is the story of most of the people, we want to meet our heroes but it’s not always easy. Famous people hardly have time to meet others and some of my heroes are from 18th and 19th century. So, meeting them was out of question. Long walk to freedom is an autobiography of Nelson Mandela. It contains more than 700 pages and he has put his heart in that book. While reading famous personality’s autobiography, you feel that they are directly talking to you.

You can’t meet everyone in this world, but you can read their philosophy and ideologies through books. There is so much to learn from these people. A book might contain 200 or 300 pages, but even if you learn a single life changing thing from that book, then consider it job done. I learned to be forgiving after reading Nelson Mandela’s book. That is my greatest learning from that book. Everyone knows that he is the epitome of reconciliation and forgiveness.

Reading a book doesn’t require much time. You just need to take out 15 or 20 minutes from your daily routine. Read 5 or 6 pages every day. Read anything, whatever you like. But I suggest reading famous personality’s autobiography if you want to learn from their struggles. Reading 6 or 7 pages means that you can finish a book in a month on an average. So that means that you can at least read 12 books in a year.

Do it for a year, and you will see that how your perception changes. No doubt that we have our friends and family members around us who try to teach us things. But I have always felt that one learns more from books. I guess that is the reason that books are called our best friends. 


Comments

  1. Trying my best to read.. please suggest some good motivating , positive books as i v always wanted to read, the monk who sold his ferari.. is the one i hav read!
    Nelson mandela’s autobiography i ll read shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnathan Livingston seagull, The long walk to freedom, power of your subconscious mind, the prophet. - these books are best for motivation.

    Mine is coming soon, stay tuned 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Independence?

Get rid of excuses