Monitoring your performance

                                                Monitoring your database for maximum performance | ITProPortal


People often focus on adding skills to their armory, but they forget to monitor their performance from time to time. Successful people always keep an eye on the efforts they make. They are always critical of the fact that there must not be any shortcoming in the efforts they put.

This is the habit that you must take from successful people. At the end of each day, you must sit in a quiet place and analyze yourself and your performances. In the morning you must make plans, during the day you must execute your plans but evaluating your day is the most important aspect of self-growth.

Get up in the morning and make a to do list. Then at the end of each day, give grades to yourself. Or mark your tasks with numbers out of 10. You must rate yourself in order to see the real picture. It might look strange at beginning but trust me you will be a changed person in a very short time.

Look, motivation and inspiration might come from a person, a book or from this blog. But the motivation and learning that you get from yourself is stronger. When you are self-motivated, no one can beat you. Evaluating your own tasks and activity is a way of motivating yourself.

Monitoring yourself will give you deep insights into your daily work ethics, your commitment to success, your desire to be the best and to live a better life than the previous day. Monitoring your own performance is the best way to motivate yourself to achieve greatness.

Don’t make the mistake of motivating yourself while doing your activity. This will lead to a disaster. A person has many roles in life. He’s a brother, a father, a son, a friend, a boss, an employee and so on. Similarly, you must perform one role at a time to churn out the best in you. For an example, when I write a book, I only write, and I never stop myself from imprinting my ideas on the paper. I don’t care about the grammar much, neither the sentence formation. The only thing I care about is to write down my flow of ideas. This way I am only concentrating on a single task. Once my book draft is finished, I put on my editor’s coat and only check for errors. At this time, I am only concentrated on checking for errors and not on thinking about ideas.

Likewise, when you do tasks in the day, you must only be involved in doing your task with full conviction and not concentrate on anything else. And when you evaluate yourself, you must only think of evaluating yourself.

If you manage to keep a track of your performances every day, then your graph of being successful will always go up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Independence?

Read books

Get rid of excuses