Avoid Gadgets


                                                                How to Stop Technology Addiction | Reader's Digest

Look I am not a fool. Because this is what you are going to tell me if I tell you to avoid gadgets. I will be lying if I say that I am writing this article on a typewriter. Of course not. I will be dishonest if I say that I don’t use a laptop and phone during the day.

The fact of the matter is that in today’s era if you want to be successful and connect with the world, you need the support of your gadgets. I have very carefully used the word ‘support’ in the last sentence. Yes, just the support of your gadgets. Don’t make them your life. Don’t indulge in your gadgets so much that you start ignoring the real world.

Avoiding gadgets is not the solution. But you can cut down the use. I am a writer by profession, and I am always on my laptop working on a new project. I am a trainer as well and, in these times, I am connected to students across the globe through gadgets. We can all agree that we can’t avoid the use of gadgets in our life. But we can definitely reduce it.

We can’t curtail the dependence on gadgets at our work, but we can surely do it when not at work. At home, you must simply keep your phone and laptop away and avoid them completely. This will not only improve your relations with family but will also reduce your use of gadgets. Don’t pick up your phone as soon as you get up. First few hours of the day are very crucial, and one should not waste his/her energy on these gadgets. The unnecessary use of electronic gadget can have a huge impact on our health.

Leave alone the negative physical effects of using excessive gadgets, there are so many effects on your attitude and ability to think. Using gadgets for extended hours can make a person feel depressed and disconnected from the real world. More and more people these days are suffering from acute depression and anxiety. Disproportionate use of gadgets has played a major role in this situation. So, promise yourself to not use gadgets at your home from today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Independence?

Read books

Get rid of excuses